RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

With Redflow accelerating the Gen3 battery for trials at the end...

1. 81 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    With Redflow accelerating the Gen3 battery for trials at the end of this year, I ask myself, why is it that the driving force behind the Gen3 design, Dr Alex Winter, is nowhere in sight this year, being relegated to the footnotes of history (2018 salary footnote removes him as KMP).

If I was the CEO, and I'm not, I'd be putting everything behind the technology and manufacturing of the product because that has been the achilles heel for this company. I'd CR just to keep the most experienced engineers, not let them go. In fact, I'd have participated in the CR if they said we're going full steam ahead with our teams to ensure Gen3's success. Instead they said, we've cut 2mil payroll and btw I recon that's a job well done so I'm paying myself half a million/yr. They're so proud of it it's at the front of their FY20 presentation. There is a market for this wonderful technology, but the execution has been a let down.

Rather than trust, and I admit there is a good portion of that as an investor, I need to look for signs that leadership is focused on the right priorities. My opinion, and purely my opinion is that it's not happening.
    The CEO has nothing to lose, he's making half a million a year, he's not hungry.
    Is the product knowledge and experience still there?
    Is there enough of a team left to maintain all the ZBM2s out there?
    The sales channel prefers to sell their competitor.

I'm holding and I would love to see the technology be in every household as we transition to a greener future. But yeah, you can probably tell I'm not over the moon about it atm. But I'll watch the Gen3 situation as it unfolds. If it's 30% cheaper, it would be comparable to a powerwall and I might just get one.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2505/2505589-d3fc6265d3cf9c17a0646cd699be4e34.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.