RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

So I had a chat with Shaun from All Brisbane Electrical, sounded...

1. 81 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    So I had a chat with Shaun from All Brisbane Electrical, sounded very knowledgeable, here's some info I got from the convo:

The ZCell comes out to $18-19k for one 10kWh system or $27k for two. It needs a few more parts to retrofit into an existing setup. I have a existing 6.5kWh panels with a 5kWh Frontius inverter and 3 phase power. He mentioned voltage controller, DC isolator etc.. mostly went over my head.
    All batteries have 10yrs warranty but the powerwall only guarantees up to 60% charge capacity after 10 yrs. This is if you're drawing down to 0 daily on each cycle. ZCell will still be at 100% after 10 yrs but it's still a 10yrs warranty.

The install shown by OP was for an enthusiast of the product and also a shareholder. Can I disclose this info? I guess I can cause anyone can ring and ask. He put two systems in so I'm guessing that cost between 25-30k

The ZCell is more suited to regional or remote locations where power can be unstable. Shaun has been installing it for the last 3 yrs but recently signed up to be a distributor and there has been increasing inquiries about the product. He has another install coming up, similar setup, connected to the grid but wants independent power.

Quite early on in the convo (when I mentioned existing system, 3 phase) he started talking about the Tesla Powerwall 2, 13.5kW/h, $14k single unit, $26k for two. Simpler to install, easier to integrate into an existing solar/inverter setup and cheaper.

He doesn't think consumers buy batteries for financial reasons because it's not financial.
    My quarterly bill is ~$150, 10yrs is $6k. Energy cost/usage would have to significantly rise for it to be economical so the consumer demand will have to be from those on the fringe of the grid or totally off grid.

Under current CEO, they'd have to be aggressively trying to expand into the telco market, but existing towers will have existing long term contracts with existing battery providers imo.
    Latest annual says there are 120k telco stations being built around the world every year. Cash burn last two FY has been 17m and 11m.

I'm gonna sit and watch this one for a bit.
    There's a 'remote' chance the SP will come full cycle. Can I say that? I'll show myself out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.