KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

I actually think that you're all being a bit hard on KEY...

1. BH!
    2,521 Posts.
    I actually think that you're all being a bit hard on KEY management in relation to this. For a start, they do not lead the JV, Aminex does.

However, regardless of any of that, the obvious fact is that there is nothing which can be done with the discovery, given the lack of available infrastructure. So, IMO, the mistake was made way back when precious cash was put into drilling at Songo Songo in the first place. They should have checked to see if there was a viable way to get any discovered gas to market.

Given that this is not the case, I don't see a great deal of value in management spending more time and money on this project. If they can find some oil in the SSW prospect, that's all well and good.

However, I'd far prefer to see them spend much more time and effort in Italy. There is a need, there is infrastructure, there is a good price to be had for any discoveries. The only problem is the interminable Italian bureaucracy. KEY needs to appoint an "Uncle Joe" as a consultant. Someone who knows the people in the right places to get things done.

This is where I'd like to see them focus their immediate efforts. Tanzania is a +5yr project, as far as I can see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.