ALL CHRISTIANS - Has Elijah returned or not?, page-359

1. 4,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    If you saying, the Spirit of Truth, which is the Holy Spirit is not the Almighty God and Father who is Spirit, then you are saying, the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus.

Just because the word "Spirit" is used to describe a Reality does not make them the EXACT SAME Reality wotsup
    We can call the sun "light and heat". We can call the rays of the sun also "light and heat", but that doesn't make the rays of the sun the EXACT SAME as the sun.

If I am correct, your saying the Holy Spirit is independent of the Father = Not the Father, who is God.

No brother. That's not what I am saying. They are not "independent", but they are not the EXACT SAME Reality. There is a very intimate relationship, just as there is a similar relationship between the sun and its heat/light rays.
    In fact, if you were to get a very very large mirror and point it to the sun, you would not even know the difference between the heat/light rays reflected in that mirror which show the whole sun, and the actual sun itself! The rays PROCEED from the sun, and convey the east same reality of the sun to our senses. This connects nicely to the fact that Jesus was the "express image of the invisible God" (Heb 1:3, Col 1:15)

Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee,--> and power of Most High shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy one which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Let me re-phrase this passage (Lord, forgive me) for you using the sun analogy:
    Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The "rays of the sun" shall come upon thee,--> and warmth and heat of THE SUN shall overshadow thee........

Hope that clarifies my proposed understanding brother.

One thing to also consider mate, is why would Jesus use different terms for the same Being? Why is the word "Father" used and another word "Holy Spirit" used?

Kam
    Last edited by kambiz999: 21/10/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.