LYC 0.29% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

I would like to refocus from today's turmoil to the positive,...

1. 171 Posts.
    I would like to refocus from today's turmoil to the positive, exciting times ahead. We are very close to completing the biggest (by a factor of 4) and most advanced RE processing facility outside of China....well I have been to RE factories in China so that is nothing to cheer about....nonetheless this is a technical and engineering feat never before seen on this planet, providing a product never needed more on this planet than now and future.
    We are very close, concentrate on the way, first feed in terms of commissioning WILL be in October, then maybe 4 weeks to get plant and equipment things right and further 4 weeks to produce on spec material ready to ship to customer, meaning cash coming in by year end or January 2013.

Positives:

- first mover position - cannot underestimate
    - Rhodia technical expertise, particularly for start up
    - pre-mix separation tanks speeding up separation process, ie. production
    - long term secure customer contracts for most of phase 1 and Phase 2 production
    - 12 year tax free holiday in Malaysia
    - committed and extremely knowledgable local workforce (including Chinese RE experts)

Negatives

- poor investor and public relations skills, ignoring the retail investor
    - unable to keep a handle on local political opposition despite previous warnings = a bit of arrogance
    - inabilty to control not one but two EPCM contractors - first Worley Parsons and then UGL - which led to time and cost overruns which were hidden by the potitical mess and provided enough time to complete the construction
    - governance issues which clouded the decision making of senior Execs with conflict of interest issues and distractions

The point is we are pretty much here after a long and arduous journey for employees and investors alike. This is the culmination of a lot of effort and goodwill, not the least form investors on this site. I provide a lot of advice to my family and friends and this is the time I have been waiting for, the absolute beginning of Lynas amazing long term success.

Disclousure: been in Lynas for 10 yrs but have not posted before today because of "my situation" - all statements are therefore my opinion only, however reliably informed.

Regards Primaj

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.87 $16.72M 2.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5820 $6.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 15020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.