AVM 11.5% 2.9¢ advance metals limited

Anvil situation seems to be a repeat of Anvil history - at a...

1. 572 Posts.

Anvil situation seems to be a repeat of Anvil history - at a different level but lots of comparisons.

Back to the time when -----------------
    With a potenial company making mine (Dikulushi) Anvil shut down exploration and any momentum and conserved capital due to Congo civil war.
    This time Anvil is shutting down on expenses and unnecessary projects and conserving capital due to world financial melt down and associated slump in world copper price..

Back then many interested in Anvil as an investment were scared - or scared off - with the Sovereign Risk factor.
    This time the scare is embodied in the Contract Review.

Back then Anvil had the making of a mine at Dikulushi but was lacking funds to pursue the project.
    This time Anvil has a company maker of note with Kinsevere and the planned SX-EW plant but lacking funds needed to complete the project.

Anvil the Company then was led by a capable manager who raised loans, negotiated, planned and led the company through a trail of difficulties and tribulations to bring on Dikulushi as a viable profitable mine.
    This time Anvil is led by the same manager with heaps of experience, negotiation skills and the management skills required.

Is there anyone who believes the present financial turmoil will not come to an end?
    That the copper price will not eventually recover?
    That Anvil will not be able to manage any impositions placed by the Contract Review?
    That funding for the SX-EW plant will not be found?

The Rorschach test does not accommodate the management skills within Anvil and the company and the capacity of the company to adjust to the difficult circumstances.

If you are a believer the opportunity is there.

From what Miningnut has indicated about the likely poor forth quarter financials there may be a better time to buy should market downgrade Anvil on the basis of the report.
    Have constantly put the case that valuation of Anvil share price is based on past financial profit or loss.
    The "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" syndrome.

Then again once market has adjusted to the release of the Contract Review the fear will be over and share price may move on???

One would hope that by the end of first quarter 2009 when Dikulushi is full steam ahead and the electric furnace has reached full potential production output, the full implementation of cost cutting is making a difference and (hopefully) world copper price has settled at a higher level that Anvil will be back to a profitable ongoing concern.
    With the obvious implication for share price.

THE MAJOR factor in lifting Anvil out of the ordinary will be presumed accomplished when funds are obtained for completion of the SX-EW plant!!!

If you do really believe ---------------?????

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.003(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $3.927M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.9¢ 2.4¢ $36.69K 1.440M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25692 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 51842 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.