SLX 0.00% $5.15 silex systems limited

Well it seems as if I may have been right, they want to use used...

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    Well it seems as if I may have been right, they want to use used nuclear fuel and recycle it on a toll treatment basis, they say as much in this link , if they are saying that they will take used nuclear fuel from other countries and recycle it, then to my way of thinking PRISM technology is a lot further advanced than I thought, these business people in South Australia would be in the know you would think?
    I very much doubt that they would be asking for this it it were not a viable proposition somehow?

They say this in the link "The plant converts used nuclear fuel rods and surplus plutonium into energy."
    Now if they get the Plutonium from the used nuclear fuel? then they are also talking about the PRISM reactors having an ARC sitting right beside them , and if that's the case they will also recover RepU and a small amount of actinides, which will be encased in glass and buried, but they are only radioactive for about 400 years as against them being radioactive if not treated, up to a million years in some cases!

They can use the recovered RepU in a CANDU reactor, but there are none that I know of in Southe East Asia, so if they want to sell the RepU then they will either have to enrich it to a higher degree? but that would make it difficult to handle, seeing as how it would still have some nasty actinides in it, but if they used LIS technology and separated out just the U235 which would already be at LEU level, minus about 5% weight from the original fuel, that is they get back 95% of the LEU that first went into the LWR in the first place, I reckon somehow that GE may have sounded this out with these business leaders in my opinion?
    Which would of course mean that PRISM technology is much closer than we may think?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-05/governments-urged-to-embrace-nuclear-power/5945072
    Business groups want Government to 'get out of the way' of nuclear power

By political reporter Nick Pedley
    Posted Fri at 6:44amFri 5 Dec 2014, 6:44am
    Photo: Business SA wants the Federal Government to "get out of the way" of nuclear power becoming a reality in Australia. (Michael Dalder, file photo: Reuters)
    Related Story: Tony Abbott says he has no objection to nuclear energy
    Related Story: Calls for Australia to reduce emissions after US-China deal
    Related Story: Japan's Sendai nuclear plant wins local approval for restart
    Map: SA
    A prominent business group is urging the Federal Government to "get out of the way" of nuclear power becoming a reality in Australia.
    The call comes after the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister reignited the debate about nuclear power in Australia.
    The peak business group in South Australia, Business SA, is pushing for a debate to be held on the merits of building a nuclear power reactor in the state.
    The organisation's chief executive, Nigel McBride, has welcomed the comments from senior figures within the Federal Government.
    "I do welcome what is, to me, a very important sign from the Prime Minister that this Government is not closed to what could be a significant game-changer in our fight for affordable energy," he said.
    At the moment legislation bans nuclear power from becoming a reality.
    Mr McBride's view of the legislative ban is blunt.
    "What we need from Government is we need governments to get out of the way," he said.
    Business SA is pushing for a debate about building a $3 billion micro reactor known as a Prism power plant designed by General Electric and Hitachi.
    The plant converts used nuclear fuel rods and surplus plutonium into energy.
    Mr McBride argued the proposal would pay its own way after five years.
    He said the technology was safe and innovative and would also see nuclear nations pay Australia to take their spent fuel rods.
    Last edited by moosey: 06/12/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.15
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.16 $5.22 $5.08 $528.5K 102.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1706 $5.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.15 242 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.30am 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.