All Indices Down in US overnight, page-9

1. 1,383 Posts.
    "The Dow succumbed to selling after zigzagging for most of Tuesday's session amid massive declines in shares of J.P. Morgan and Citigroup. And a tech meltdown dealt the Nasdaq its lowest close since April 1997 on extremely heavy volume. The S&P 500 also cratered to fresh 5-year lows on the back of tremendous losses in energy, utility and gold companies. The Dow Jones Industrial Average ($INDU) declined 82 points, or 1.1 percent, to 7,702 after climbing as much as 110 points, the Nasdaq Composite ($COMPQ) plunged 53 points, or 4.2 percent, to 1,228 and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index ($SPX) relinquished 2.5 percent. Volume was a tremendous 2.41 billion on the NYSE and 2.4 billion on the Nasdaq Stock Market. Market breadth was terrible, with decliners obliterating advancers by 27 to 6 on the NYSE and by 28 to 8 on the Nasdaq."

Sounds like a bottom to me. Also to other traders, if the futures have moved up.

Only an "80% down day", I can count a bottom now. Also my favourite indicator, the "doom on front page" indicator, has been and gone - though you really need the Age or SMH to comply, not the Sun.

Turns out SPX and NDX were better shorts than the Dow. But cant complain.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.