CVN 5.13% 20.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

all isnt always what it seems

1. 1,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    I've copied an earlier report below which I hope will stop a little of the over exuberance. I'm not trying to down-ramp as I still hold most of my CVN .I'm also confident that the $1 mark isn't too far away, but I'm not about to mortgage my house to buy more. I've just sold at $.75 and will be as pleased as anyone if they continue to rise.There must be a possibility that the volcanics will be tight as in the Northern zone .If the flow-rate is low ,and many of you will not hear of this, then I will buy back, because there are many more areas to drill. I'm very interested in the Bo-Rang deep which is to be drilled shortly .Overall I agree with the sentiments of most of you, but if you already hold a large number I think it prudent to sell a few.There will be failures I'm sure along with many successes.Most will agree ,I think, that the August 07 report is very similar to the latest report for Wichian Bari deep. Best of luck if you keep 100% of your shares.I'm not a punter to that extent and will do some trading.

"L44-G is a key appraisal of the northernmost extent of the Na Sanun East Oil Field, located an
    ambitious 7.3 kms north of the POE-9 oil discovery which was brought onto production in January
    2007. L44-G is currently drilling ahead in volcanics at a depth of 991 metres, with the top of the
    primary volcanic target (productive interval at POE-9) intersected at a depth of 855 metres and a
    minimum 105 metres thick. Drilling is currently continuing within this zone. Significant oil and gas
    shows have been reported throughout the entire well. Of particular note, free oil was observed over
    the shale shakers while drilling through the primary volcanic objective at 896 and 910 metres. Lost
    circulation of 132 bbls per hour, similar to that encountered while drilling the productive volcanic
    zones at POE-9 and NS-4, was encountered while drilling within the same primary target volcanic
    at 960 metres.
    Drilling will continue through the primary target zone and one more predicted deeper volcanic
    interval, to a total depth of approximately 1,300 metres, which is anticipated to be completed within
    the next 7 days. Upon completion of the drilling of L44-G, the Aztec #14 rig will immediately be
    skidded 3 metres to an adjacent well cellar and start the drilling of L44G-D1, a directional well with
    a sub surface volcanic target approximately 500 metres north west and 120 metres up structure from
    the L44-G location. Upon the completion of L44G-D1, testing will commence on both wells as the
    distance between concrete well cellars does not allow room for a service rig, required for testing,
    while simultaneously drilling an adjacent location."

I might remind the sceptical that this well was too tight to flow and the hole drilled near-by only flowed at 50bopd.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $366.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $492.2K 2.477M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 55000 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 415302 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.