Many aren't moderated because they are never seen by moderators,...

1. 17,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    Many aren't moderated because they are never seen by moderators, thus the importance of reporting one that are nasty flames or insults.

Tone can be very difficult to convey in writing, so yes, it's easy for a post to be meant as amusing but to come across as insulting.
    Obviously each member will work out whether it's an issue for them.
    I have had trouble at times myself with my posts being meant as not harmful or amusing, but being misread. The use of the smiley inserts can be very handy to add the emotion you mean! Your 'nonsensical bs' comment surely you can see was insulting to the member?

We all need to check ourselves on this regularly, as we want to keep the site quality up and remove all ongoing 'fighters' as best we can, but certainly to change the mentality of how people make posts from one line snipes to higher quality analysis.
    On saying that, and checking you 'other' moderation, it is the exact reason you don't pick on somebody on the threads. If they've posted off topic, low content, garbage, nothing to do with the thread topic, you should click 'report' on the post and let the moderators take care of it before it does as it did and turn into a mini flame fest.
    I hope that makes sense, and will help, as I can see you do have some great analysis to contribute and will be a good contributor here.

I'm taking care of that one now hing, but seriously, you haven't reported the post.
    How did you think the mods might find it among the 10,000 posts a day on weekdays if it wasn't reported?
    About 1000 a week ARE reported, so the mods can't read every thread looking for trouble!

See post that started the thread - half way down on the don'ts! (insert smiley so you know I'm not shouting at you!)

Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.

We rely on users to report posts that breach our Terms of Use. The report function, available on every post, will flag the post to our moderators for review.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.