Hi A4O You cant simply suppress negative or positive opinions...

1. 25,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi A4O

You cant simply suppress negative or positive opinions but you can enforce the need for proof and or analysis.

I agree that too much censorship is bad for an open forum such as HC

Much of the content is a persons opinion and this should never be stopped by demanding some sort of proof

I see links to so called proof, but the proof is usually another persons "opinion" or data taken from minimal sources

Sample size is one of the most important parts of good research. The larger the size of your sample, the more accurate your data will be. Small sample size can yield wild inaccuracies in the data,

It has become extremely hard today to get true facts as most things that are printed are slanted, being the opinion of the author or "adjusted" for various reasons, consequently we see history being re-written all the time and the true facts cut out and discarded

So people should never be denied the right to make comment which from their experience and memory is a valid and accurate opinion post.

I agree that way that it is posted is important, but to cut a post or ban the poster because that person cannot supply some link to what could be a faulty source is very counter productive

It is up to the reader to determine the validity of a post and the writer not a moderator, readers should do what is always preached on HC and that is DYOR
    Far too many people are plain lazy and when they see something that they don't agree with it is easier to report the post and not do any research with regard to the information posted

I have been of HC for a about 10 years and have reported very few posts in all that time.

I have a good memory and I read 4 or 5 world news[papers or journals daily, see interesting articles but do not copy all of them so if I make a post for the benefit of others and then asked to supply a link I am not interested unless it is current but I do not keep records of what I read 7 or 8 years ago

So please keep HC open and free so we can all benefit from other peoples views, experience and opinions
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.