I'm going to shut this thread off now, and we will start again...

1. 17,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    I'm going to shut this thread off now, and we will start again another day.
    Much of it is way off topic and discussing moderation and things other than tightening up on bad behaviour.

No part of me believes it is OK to have a group of shareholders, often in contact with each other outside of HotCopper, gang up on someone who is trying to post some reasonable debate on a stock.
    Telling members to get off their threads, why are you posting when you don't hold, and constantly accusing them of having ulterior motives, in a rude way, is absolutely not acceptable and needs to be stamped out.

If you want to make good investment decisions, you need to allow good two way debate.
    Nobody wants to shut down and moderate commentary, which is why, in a nutshell we are asking to members to think for a moment before they press the 'post' button and make sure their post is not insulting, and is acceptable to a broad audience.

Stop those posts, and everyone will be very happy!

No, thumbs down, in answer to another post won't solve anything, it will only cause holders and 'agree/ers' to scare off what may have been a good poster. It was tried, and it failed dismally.
    It amounts to cyber bullying when gang mentality tries to do that, so we will disperse the gang and try to give everyone the opportunity to have their say. That say needs to be civil though, and yes, should be well thought out.

It's very easy!

Thank you all for some positive thoughts, interesting feedback, good ideas, and I know we've cleared up a couple of things along the way.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.