FEA 0.00% 4.5¢ forest enterprises australia limited

all over red rover, page-46

1. zwu
    2,452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Markie,

You said, "Assuming that the projects for the last few years are worth zero, and land sells at 50% to 75% of value on the books, and the timber mill sells for 50 to 75% of the BV - and add in say $20m for admin costs, and a few other reductions. Overall I find a val of about 5 to 20 cents per share liquidation value, depending on how pessimistic you are about asset values."

A big problem of MIS is that the value of the projects is not zero but negative. All the MIS projects need a maintenance (including overhead) fee of $200-300/ha/annum (plus rent if the land is rented), so if assuming FEA has 100,000 ha(?) lands for MIS, it need $20-30m/annum for 5 years on average (5-year is the assumed average remaining years of the plantation rotation, half of the rotation period). Thus the "real value" (or say real liability more exactly) of these projects is a negative $20-30m/annum * 5 years = -$100-150m. If this liability is added to the balance sheet, then the net assets may disappear.

I reckon this liability is always deliberately hidden away from all MIS balance sheets including those of GTP/TIM/FEA/Rewards/WFL/GNS/ITC/etc with no exception. This is why they are called PONZI or POISON PILL ... This is why GTP/TIM both had a NAB of 30c or 50c per share just before collapse, but it suddenly became negative after collapse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.