CUO copperco limited

all over, page-137

1. 1,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    AP

I don't think the Minsec debt was the thing that caused VA to be appointed - as you say - they had a month to go.

Minsec debt did not help - let me be clear on this. They also got $15m in cash when they took on minsec - this has been used to fund day to day operations and the expansion.

What has got them ? Provisional Invoicing. Do yourself a favour and read the presentation given my Matrix ( MRX ) on 17/11/2008 - look it up on ASX site. Gives a clear picture as to what happened with MRX , same thing likely in my opinion with CUO. The counterparty has played hardball and demanded repayment - and they didn't have the cash and it had been spent - perfectly resonable when you consider how unlikely the combination of events that occured - 40% drop in CU price / 30% AUD devaluation.

Our best hope is that a restructure can be done . LA is a very valuable asset - but it's not cash. SRL sold Nifty in 2001 when CU was 75c a lb - was a 27,000tpa operation ( similar to LA , and 70,000 T in oxide resrve ( we have 300,000 ) . They got $158m for it - surely LA would attract some interest even in these times as it can still make money at current price.

Cheers

Baraka

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.