all pray for goblins dog tonight!, page-8

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Goblin, I pray its in the hands of competent vets, either way.
    Last week we put down our last canine pet, one Silky terrier X, age estimated at 18 years + ( we had it for 16 years and it was mature when we adopted it as a stray who stayed.
    Plan A was for the doggie to patted & fed little treats & then GZ would put the Walther behind his ear & sleepybys.
    Mrs GZ didnt want me to do it.
    Rang the vet, yeah, $75 , ok, went up & paid in advance (hard to fumble with the wallet with a dead dog in your arms), arranged a time to bring the dog in.
    Arrived with dog, they werent ready. Dog was getting agitated (they're not silly). Dumb girl comes out & says I had to fill out an authorization form. Very hard to do this while holding a struggling dog, no reading glasses & telling girl this should have been done when I paid.
    Eventually, got to the vet who took a full two minutes to apply the needle to the left front leg. Dog fought like hell. Spent 5 minutes with struggling, chest heaving, little heart beating like hell, me starting to abuse the vet.
    2 minutes to administer a 2nd injection to the vicinity of the right paw. Dog fought the needle all the way, obviously still feeling everything that was happening.
    Eventually, it went limp.
    gawd I wished I had stuck to plan A and just shot it.
    Vet blamed the age of the dog & condition of its veins for the delay in its dying. Yet I had a 40kg Dobermann put down years back by needle and it was instantaneous.
    Obviously there are vets, and there are vets.
    Hope you have better luck.
    And if you have to put it down, do it yourself.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.