STO 0.86% $6.90 santos limited

All quiet from the STO bulls, page-13

1. 5,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1478
    Hate to say this...but with Trump at the helm...and marked by his actions versus his words I'm seeing a lot of expenditure on military industrial complex ( what's new right?). The "war on terror" is a never ending rally cry to increase all things security...but mainly bombs with "collateral damage" bringing US style democracy to the ME/Afghanistan/South America/Africa/N.Korea. Basically any developing nation with resources or geographical relevance to resources. No resources? No terrorists!... or none that hit main stream media anyway.

So yeah powderkegs everywhere...and POO can go lower...driven by US shale...or it can swing North shortly and sharply. Long term bull on O&G and have pilot positions here. However don't think US has played out it's hand just yet and think that there is firther downward pressure to the sector for a while longer...things changed when Trump took the helm...he's even more bizarre than Bush and Hillary. Not to say Obama or Billy were choir boys they were fractionally more subtle.
    But Trump?...woah!

Pray for the innocents but expect massive rise in global conflicts and miltary turnover. In turn expect volatility in O&G...time frame...no idea...but suspect same time next year we will be looking at a completely different market. How useful a comment is that? Not very...I know...but then again everyone has a view on this sector generally...but think it's a pretty useless exercise if you're not an "insider"... and noone here is.

That's my "macro"...now looking at STO at the moment beyond the externalities... definitely a head scratcher as per the bulls and bears... personally seeing further southerly from here and not prepared to catch a falling knife beyond my pilot positions...
    Way more optimistic on it than many on here but really feel it's a wait and see proposition at this stage. Think MMP has a pragmatic "no love" approach...but also see C's LT confidence isn't to be discounted by any means either (sorry giys don't like naming posters unless directly debating but from my perspective you 2 kind of represent the two ends of the debate...but there are other excellent posters on here as well...and you're not forgotten! )

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.