STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

Sim888Cheers - we can all learn from each other on these forums....

1. 116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1626
    Sim888

Cheers - we can all learn from each other on these forums. Different opinions is what of course forms a market. But it's important to call out behaviours, especially those that get in the way of ordinary shareholders making good coin. Especially in O&G which is so unloved at the moment. As someone noted over a call this morning, if STX was a tech stock, we would have added 20% just on the announcement - too funny.

I'm really hopeful this story plays out very well for the long-term holders and those who have recently jumped on board.As to the specifics of Ensign Rig I don't know. You'd expect, with Covid-19, there would have been numerous challenges that we - thankfully - do not get chapter and verse on. I'm not too fussed if there are small delays. In a weird way, maybe a positive if this plays to continuity of rig usage with the extensive campaign coming up.

What is both ironic and really interesting about today's Waylering announcement is that Strike will be using Talon's money to prove the diagnostic prospectivity of the Jurassic wet gas play which in the success case, then revalues the entire trend. Same strategy that worked at West Erregulla - get a good test case and then own the rest of the postcode, so there is asymmetric value value creation (to STX shareholders).What a shame WGO shareholders couldn't get in on this journey.

For WGO shareholders I consider the following is an apt quote that on days like this they must be privately feeling - ''the enemy is not them it is us".Let's hope the Talon raise is successfully completed, then on-wards and upwards.

Cheers

Adaltiora

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.