STX 2.70% 18.0¢ strike energy limited

AdaltioraAnother great precis.I understand this play very well,...

1. 2,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 677
    Sim888

Cheers - we can all learn from each other on these forums. Different opinions is what of course forms a market. But it's important to call out behaviours, especially those that get in the way of ordinary shareholders making good coin. Especially in O&G which is so unloved at the moment. As someone noted over a call this morning, if STX was a tech stock, we would have added 20% just on the announcement - too funny.

I'm really hopeful this story plays out very well for the long-term holders and those who have recently jumped on board.As to the specifics of Ensign Rig I don't know. You'd expect, with Covid-19, there would have been numerous challenges that we - thankfully - do not get chapter and verse on. I'm not too fussed if there are small delays. In a weird way, maybe a positive if this plays to continuity of rig usage with the extensive campaign coming up.

What is both ironic and really interesting about today's Waylering announcement is that Strike will be using Talon's money to prove the diagnostic prospectivity of the Jurassic wet gas play which in the success case, then revalues the entire trend. Same strategy that worked at West Erregulla - get a good test case and then own the rest of the postcode, so there is asymmetric value value creation (to STX shareholders).What a shame WGO shareholders couldn't get in on this journey.

For WGO shareholders I consider the following is an apt quote that on days like this they must be privately feeling - ''the enemy is not them it is us".Let's hope the Talon raise is successfully completed, then on-wards and upwards.

Cheers

Adaltiora
    Adaltiora

Another great precis.

I understand this play very well, and I still just see the Jurassic section as a sideshow. The volume of reserves and resources in the Jurassic in the PB is a small fraction of the Wagina/Dongara sequence and the Kingia/High Cliff.

It has been problematic for a number of years and has burnt a lot of fingers (see EGO). The Talon deal is not dissimilar to the Pancon deal which was negotiated a while back. It fell over on the back of funding. I hope that there isn't the same outcome this time around.

The deal is targeting a small Prospective resource (gross 86 PJ OGIIP) with some liquids, which may be a useful additive. In comparison with WE, Waitsia and BS Deep it is tiny and I think that has been lost a bit here.

Good luck to STX if they get the well drilled and it opens up a play for them, but it needs perspective as well.

Cheers, again

AL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $515.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.0¢ 17.5¢ $2.236M 12.34M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1296010 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 68215 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.