MHL 0.00% 0.3¢ monitor energy limited

all said, page-10

1. 2,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi billgeld,

JMHO but I think you should be looking at China and SA. I am of the school of thought that the power base of the world moves from East to West over time. Over the centuries the power base has moved from China to Europe and then to the Americas / Japan. The power base is now in motion to move from the Americas / Japan to China again.

JMHO again, Australia is well placed for this power base shift as is MHL.

Cheers,
    Brantley

To give you some background on this theory have a read of:

http://www.ceibs.edu/ase/Documents/why_history_matters.htm

Why History Matters

Daxia Forum Lecture. East China Normal University

By Professor Kendall Myers

June 2, 2006

Section from the above lecture:

Classical Theories of International Relations

Let me start by stating the large theme of this lecture. That is, there has been a constant interaction for at least two millennia between what we usually call “the East” and “the West.” The idea that the East and the West have separate and distinct histories is, I believe, a myth.

I think, in fact, we can see that the Silk Road carried more than goods -- it carried ideas. For the first millennium of the relationship, particularly between around 500 and 1800 of the Common Era, China was the originator of many new ideas and inventions and was the great innovator of the world. The West took these ideas and adapted them to its own circumstances. As a result, the East contributed greatly to European development after 1800.

The Middle East in many respects was the bridge between China and the West historically, especially Iran and Egypt and the Ottoman Empire. This applies, above all, to Iran, because ideas and goods could move north and south from Iran to the Silk Road just as ideas and goods could move east and west along the Silk Road. So, in many respects ancient Persia was the mediator between China and the Western world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.