SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

All SGH questions - put here (financials ONLY), page-379

1. 266 Posts.
    Hey Alex,

Look, for the doctor part, I don't think you read the comment that is stated after that, the part where I was talking about was in relation to optometry laser procedure. Read mate before you throw me under the bus.
    Hey Copter,

So with the Goodwill part it is sort of like what Alex has stated as that I use past data to conclude a Goodwill write-down, however, he is ignorant to acknowledge that when in this situation where a purchase has yet to offer a positive cash flow for the business, making an educational guesstimate to future cash flow that will become positive is idiotic, the most reliable information that you can have is the past cash flow - 'the past will not be repeated however it is rhymed with the future', therefore I sustain a view where future growth of cash burning part of the business need to be for now set aside in order to revert to the most understandable valuation of goodwill. Goodwill can be readjusted to include more value in the business when we have sign for positive cash flow as for now nothing can tell you that it will be cash flow positive unless a restructuring will be undergone - which it is right now. But I will refuse to look at future cash flow to derive a goodwill as what do you end up with when you couple good information with bad? You will end up with a bad information + and - = - not +.

Robert

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.