After a brief comeback it's time to again bid farewell to...

1. 565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

After a brief comeback it's time to again bid farewell to Hotcopper as I will become an authorised representative providing general advice as of Tuesday March 10 2011, which in laymans terms means I cannot post anymore in this capacity.

I would hope to resume posting once I have plenty of grey stubble or perhaps writing from an apartment in Sans Sebastian Spain wathcing the surf role in. I owe much of my career to this site, and as fate would have it if I had taken the job opportunity that came up through HC in 1998 I would have met my fiance 13 years ago and I dare say I wouldn't be where I am today.

It is no secret I attained a client base and long-term friendships from posting on HC and any of the younger guys/girls with aspirations should be encouraged to write on this site, and even perhaps show some vision apart from the "train is leaving the station" or the one I really like, "toot toot".

I was shouted lunch fron UnclePanda, a poster that I believe has a big future in the industry, and for all the shenanigans that go on here some real talent is emerging. You just have to be able to handle the paranoia associated with the markets and the mixed bag of motives that appear from time to time.

I love speculation and the mind games that go with it. Some may have hammered me on my motives and I guess I am a salesman who likes to sell the dream. The aim was to add value and not rip money out of peoples wallets ala Disney and the Hollywood celebrity machine. Had the odd 50 bagger along the way (well quite a few actually), and enough frustration to last many life times. If you can strike at 7 to 9 out of 10 most years you end up with a good result.

Just to end any speculation or conspiracy theories If you see my surname (Locantro) on any documents relating to the stock market there is 99.9% (just like a disinfectant disclaimer because the 0.1% of germs is the one that will kill you) chances are it is me. I have other aspirations I won't mention because that we would end up with more plugs than Advanced Hair Studio.

The one thing I have learnt that I am happy to share is that bull markets and bubble are periods where you start to lose respect for money and at times your family. (exactly what we are seeing now).

You become complacent on household debt, you throw money away on depreciating assets (i.e cars, trophy wives minus an iron clad pre-nup, and boats but Les Paul guitars are fine) and generally the ego increases with your monthly repayments. Major wins give off the same chemical reaction as winning $3 on a scratchie, or believing that that pretty girl is indeed flirting with you. I have gone through periods of having to live pay to pay, to pinching myself at the ATM when I take out $20. Nothing has changed, I still use the ones that are closer to me, and hence why banks rake in $750m a year in ATM fees.

In the market you do not want to be that 14yr old girl at a Justin Beiber concert or the unfortunate ones filmed at an ATM waiting for it to dispense free money with no consequences attached.

Cheers

Budfox

Tony Locantro

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.