YAL 1.29% $7.04 yancoal australia limited

It was big rain which turned their big open cut pits into...

1. 220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    It was big rain which turned their big open cut pits into swimming pools, not great, but feels like it could've been worse . Think WHC has more underground which might have reduced impact (note Moolarben wasn't impacted, but HVO was). Yal's full year guidance is 35-37 (i.e. 8.75-9.25/qrtr) and they previously done 39. So some expectation of this loss appears baked in to guidance. As is, they have some ability to sprint/catch up.

regarding comparison to WHC - they produce much less (15 vs 37mt) at better quality but higher cost. Current Newc6000 margin is helping them a lot, but current quality spread is massive compared to historical, and certainly nothing a company can control. Delivery to guidance is good, but not only yardstick to use. To my view, why pick a favored child, I happily own both

Looking at value to price, both are dirt cheap but YAL even cheaper. i.e. If YAL produces 16.5kt for the half (below guidance) at the current avg coal price, $72/mt production cost & $20/mt royalty, I'd roughly estimate they could make underlying EPS of $1.2 per share for the half. That puts them at a P/E of ~ 2-2.5 for full year. WHC is predicted to hit $1.2 for full FY22.... That puts them at P/E of 4. I think that's the cost YAL pays to be illiquid and majority foreign owned. But seriously both are soooo cheap, why pick, both are good

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.090(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $9.295B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.02 $7.09 $7.00 $8.556M 1.214M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18915 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.04 8841 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.