KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Listening to Priscilla Brastianos is like sitting in a racing...

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651

Listening to Priscilla Brastianos is like sitting in a racing car, going at full speed.

At the end of her presentation, they cut to the host, a Prof Rohan Ramaskriuna - who paused and I think resisted uttering the word "wow"...... but as usual when she presents, the compliments flow. That was the case again last night. Time did not allow many questions to be answered by Priscilla, following the presentation.

Priscilla Brastianos "power" presentations, were in contrast to the first presenter, who was from the FDA. By chance the FDA talk last night was timely and relevant, as the FDA has just released guidelines for new Brain Mets Trials. (Very interesting and will talk more later at the bottom)

From last night.......Certainly after more than a year since this NCI ALLIANCE Trial commenced...... GDC 0084 is very much part of the Trial to treat almost a half of all Brain Cancer Mets.(43% in fact). It is worth remembering our drug was chosen for this Trial, some 8 months after commencement of the Breast Cancer Brain Mets Trial at Dana Farber..... (Dana Farber eg Patrick WEN, Nancy LIN ......and PB Massachusetts Hospital are both closely affiliated with Harvard Medical School - in fact Harvard may own both hospitals, but not totally sure)

Anyway last night, once again we heard of work showing that cancers in the brain are different to primary cancers. More diagrams which illustrated the pathways from primary cancers to the brain, types of enzymes, upstream mutated pathways were identified (some Pi3k actionable and some not).....causing PI3k pathway damage. Genomic studies and molecular studies in the Brastianos Lab and other labs at MGH study these mutations (and my words presumably the effect GDC 0084 is having after administration) .

Also I wrote down little while watching, but especially made a note of this PB : "alterations in both areas are being measured" If you follow my posts- you know what that ultra important point means (We are in quasi lung, skin, breast plus other cancer Trials).

------- SP

Just all on track it would seem.......(KZA SP needs to re-rate to align with what this ALLIANCE Trial means and the people who work with our drug.....it should not need announcements to do this)

--------------

Anyway fairly quickly, the person from the FDA who spoke first (and following these new July FDA guidelines)......was adamant that prior to FDA allowing future Brain Mets Trials, drug companies must be designing drugs that work outside of the brain also. She advised drug companies " need a plan for outside of the brain" for new Brain Mets Trials.

The host, Prof Rohan was definitely taken aback by that. Surprised is one word and maybe not altogether happy another. (just my observation).....he mentioned over the course of the day, other drugs would be targeting just CNS,. ......The KZA CEO said only in recent days, GDC 0084 works in other cancers outside of the Brain, for PI3k mutated cancers. Important stuff, in view of the FDA's new rules.

Finally on the need for high quality imaging to be part of Brain Mets trials.

Typical - guess who in June, has just got consensus from these best and leading hospitals for standardization of his work in Brain Mets imaging - one Prof Benjamin Ellingston. The same person who won an award for his studies on GDC 0084 in GBM, and in fact used his imagining techniques to confirm GDC 0084 works (or apparently works according to Prof E. I will post some links on all this another time.

All very good, except the SP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.