AVR 0.89% $17.75 anteris technologies ltd

allied herpes vaccine phase i trial update, page-48

1. 6,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Thanks Got 5m less
    This has just been put on bells site news

Sydney - Tuesday - September 3: (RWE Australian Business News) - Allied Healthcare Group (AHZ) reports the first two of five cohorts in its ongoing Phase I herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) DNA vaccine study have been successfully dosed with no safety issues raised.

The therapeutic vaccine developed by Professor Ian Frazer and his science team targets herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2), the strain of the virus most commonly associated with genital herpes, and is designed to both prevent transmission of herpes as well as treat those who have already been exposed.

The trial is being run by Q-Pharm Pty Ltd at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital and is exploring five doses of the vaccine targeting herpes virus.

A total of 20 healthy (HSV-free) volunteers are needed for the trial, which is to run from August to September, with interim results anticipated towards the end of this year.

The vaccine is administered intradermally.

The outcomes of the Phase I trial will demonstrate the vaccine's safety and how well tolerated it is, as well as showing whether the vaccine generates a robust immune response.

Currently, there is no cure for herpes and the infection is life-long.

Current therapy for HSV-2 involves antiviral drugs which can reduce, but not eliminate, outbreaks and viral shedding.

In the US the Center for Disease Control estimates that 16pc of all people between the ages of 15 and 49 are infected with HSV-2.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.75
Change
-0.160(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $341.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.00 $18.10 $17.65 $53.47K 2.992K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 285 $17.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.75 2141 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.