AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

To me the purpose of trading is an attempt to capture relatively...

1. 547 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64

To me the purpose of trading is an attempt to capture relatively small (max 10%) price movements in the shortest time frame but risks missing much of the overall increase in value. This premium can be boosted though mechanisms such as options but requires a much higher degree of sophistication and commitment. Personally I invest when there is a longer term story being played out - eg lithium and evs etc. Unless you are quite a skilled trader I expect with stocks like AKE you will do better a long term holder.
    I do a bit of trading but my aim is to buy cheap when the price dips 5-10% and then sell on recovery. MY aim is to reduce the cost base of my holding while either increasing my holding while scrubbing capital gains (I have almost zero taxable income (pension) so I can scrub about $40k of cg each year with the 50% discount) or gathering a bit of cash to invest elsewhere. For instance I bought the recent dip at $8.60 and will sell those when they move back over about $9.80 for a relatively low risk $2.7k (15%) return or increase my holdings by 280 zero cost shares. I seem to be able to do this 2 to 4 times a year without being glued to the computer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.