AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

On the topic of Pillbara vs. Allkem and their share price...

1. 490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    On the topic of Pillbara vs. Allkem and their share price performance :

For me, a couple of Warren Buffet's principles apply, which I do not always adhere to, but they are always a factor in the valuation of a company.
    One of the criteria is the price-book ratio. If I look at the two stocks from this point of view, I can't help but say that Pillbara is already very, very sportily valued with a price-book ratio of 11 compared to Allkem with a price-book ratio of 2.1.

One should be aware that from a price-book ratio of 2, one technically speaks of an overvaluation of the company.

Another factor or ratio for me is EBITDA, which I look at.
    EBITDA shows whether a company is growing or stagnating. Allkem's EBITDA has increased by over 200% from 2020 to 2021,
    and according to the numbers reported so far this year, by about another 500%.

The third factor I look at is the number of shares, as this number has an impact on a possible dividend and EPS.
    Here it does not look very good for Pillbara, because with almost 5 times the number of shares on the market ( about 3 billion ) to the good 670 million of Allkem, results in EPS and a possible dividend will show much better for Allkem.

If I then look at the long-term assets of the two companies, Allkem is also listed here with almost twice the value.

But what do I get with the purchase of a share?

That is what the book value provides information about. With one share of Allkem, I receive a book value share in the company worth 2.58 dollars - whereas with Pillbara it is only 0.20 dollars. This is only the value in dispute, should a company go bankrupt and be wound up, but for me it is always a criterion that determines my willingness to buy a share at X times what it is actually worth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.