AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Refreshingly exciting to finally see the lithium sector getting...

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Refreshingly exciting to finally see the lithium sector getting rerated over past wee while. With memories of being underwater still fresh in my mind in my heavily lithium weighted portfolio (emerging only 18 months ago) it is great to read threads celebrating rerates and ATHs again finally. It was damn hard being underwater and having confidence knocked back only a few years ago. I was buying more at the time but if I had entered this market a year later than I did perhaps I would have done so more aggresively with even more to show for my investments but I'm not really complaining. Caution must always be a consideration when entering any investment.

Anyway, tonight I pulled up a post from the HC archives I made a few years ago back in the dark days and my optimism then has increasingly this week been vindicated! Happy days!! The next challenge is of course to plan when to exit and or rebalance, I'm leaning towards that being years away rather than months but certainly expecting more volatilty to come...

Not sure how to quote properly but as a cut and paste from late 2018 (GXY thread):

I've also only been holding lithium stocks for less than a year but despite the apparent fall in sentiment I've only been topping up while SP has fallen. In my opinion, if the EV revolution doesn't take a foot hold around the world to help turn the tide on climate change and pollution, I don't know what will. It seems simpler logistically than hydrogen and watching charging stations roll out nationwide, momentum is growing, alongside all the international stories posted here on HC and elsewhere.

EVs are nicer to drive too. The experience is much more in touch with how we expect things to work in this day and age. No noise, clunkiness and bad smells, just silent, effortless responsiveness, and plug it in overnight just like your phone.

Before investing in lithium and vanadium amongst other stocks this year I found I mostly read depressing news stories about what damage is occurring to the environment, these days however since investing I have spent much more time reading about the potential of solar, grid battery storage, the ev revolution that has lifted my frame of mind to be more optimistic about the future even while the stock prices have fallen! Though hopefully the latter won't last too much longer...

GLTALTH!!
    Last edited by windhover: 09/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.