AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Yes, I'm aware but others may not be. Thanks for sharing...

1. 13,640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8284
    Yes, I'm aware but others may not be. Thanks for sharing though.

DLE is not a proven at-scale production technique afaik.
    Rio may be convinced it will work, but based on what?
    If it was so good, why would Rincon be selling for peanuts instead of financing, building and operating their project? They have long made it sound like such a "done deal" wrt to the processing solution being sorted. I doubt it.
    After all, 50kpta is circa $1B revenue per year...???
    Selling a "done" project for circa 1 year's revenue? Nah. Smells fishy.

In any case, it brings new attention to the sector and shows that the big dogs are fishing.
    IMO Rio would be better off buying GLN or going the whole hog and taking over PLS or similar...?
    Maybe they will at some point?
    It should revive interest in Li brine and Argentina in particular, by those that simply follow the big dogs.... The rest of us already know the potential!

BTW no issue imo with the tried and proven method of evaporation - utilising free energy from the fireball in the sky makes great sense to me. DYOR on energy and water requirements for DLE, it's not all it's cracked up to be afaict.

Ps. don't underestimate the potential of the big dogs to make poor decisions - it happens more that most realise!

Time will tell!
    GL to 'em as we'll need all the lithium we can produce and then some over the coming decade!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.