AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Allkem General Discussion, page-2093

1. 4,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 942
    Ahem, you just need to look at the chart I posted.

Last year the gas storages were filled up until the beginning of November. We have maybe 1 - 2 months to fill them up further even without any Russian gas. Last Winter roughly 50 % of the toal volume was used until March of this year, from 70 % down to 20 %. It should be noted that Gazprom was, via a subsidiary company called Gazprom Germania, an owner of large gas storage capacities in Germany. And in the months before the war against Ukraine started Gazprom let their gas storages run almost empty, e.g. didn't fill them with as much additional Russian gas as they could have done. That is why the curve in the graph is below the range of the previous 5 years until the beginning of March of this year when the war in Ukraine just started.
    The current status is that the gas storages are filled by 90.53 % and continue to be filled up. I reckon the gas will likely be enough until March of next year at least. 5 LNG terminals will be build and the first ones are set to go into operation by the end of the year / early next year and France also activates a gas pipeline, which is said to deliver about 2 % of total supply.
    I think my forecast is reasonable. It is simple math. Add to that that the current 90.53 % storage level are already higher then the government's own target. Their target was 90 % by the beginning of October and 95 % by the beginning of November. October hasn't even begun.

PS. I am a real person.

France expected to send gas to Germany from October 10 | Reuters

German government announces fifth floating LNG terminal – EURACTIV.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.