AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

And this news item may also have been flagged here already but...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    And this news item may also have been flagged here already but worth a repost at least.

EU and Argentina sign critical minerals collaboration agreement

The European Union (EU) has moved to shore up its clean energy needs with the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Argentinian government to collaborate on future critical minerals supplies.

https://small caps.com.au/eu-argentina-sign-critical-minerals-collaboration-agreement/ (remove the space between "small" and "caps")

https://www.mining-technology.com/news/eu-argentina-mou-raw-materials-partnership/

Not sure whether any agreement that comes out of the MoU will be like the IRA Act in which the US which gives preferential access to selective countries into the US market. But nonetheless a big opportunity for the brine operators in Argentina to develop further and diversify their customer base.

One of the small issues I have with Livent effectively taking over Allkem (50% of the board plus the CEO and CFO gives Livent effective control of the merged entity in my book) is that they will become too US focused. Yanks like Howard from RK Equity seem to think that there is the US and then nothing elsewhere. The reality is that Americans have been making shit cars for decades and if it weren't for a saffa migrant and two of the three legacy OEMs getting bailed out by the US government the US car industry would now be a train wreck. And already the US car manufacturers are going back to their vomit by making huge yank tanks - even if they are EVs - rather than looking to innovate (like the Europeans and east Asian at least attempt to do). Of course, the US market is so huge and cashed up that suppliers like Allkem need to be there but I do think it makes sound business sense for Allkem to develop for Olaroz and Sal de Vida supply chains into Europe as well as Japan. So, great news for Argentina and hopefully more good news for Allkem.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.