AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

The Money of Mine podcast today touched on a triple banger of...

1. 4,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    The Money of Mine podcast today touched on a triple banger of announcements from Lake Resources. I've had a squiz at the announcements but I'm not seeing what Matty and the lads were talking about: a 6 month delay in the PFS for their flagship Kachi direct lithium extraction project, a blow out in projected construction costs to up over $1 billion and something to do with their MD which I am not going to touch with a forty foot barge pole.

People in glasshouses should not hoik boulders and Allkem is not exactly creaming it in terms of project delivery at Olaroz 2 but this news today from Lake must be seen as yet another setback for the proponents of DLE making traditional brine processes obsolescent. Lake's share price is also taking a beating from its highs (though apparently long term holders of LKE are still okay). And the worry is not only about the repeated delays happening at Kachi but also the capex blow-out. If I have got any of this wrong please inform me.

To the holders of LKE, believe me when I say there is no schedenfreude in this for me. In fact I was expecting. almost hoping, that Allkem would use some form of DLE for Olaroz 3. But if DLE is not the easy way around running lithium brine facilities then Allkem with Olaroz and Sal de Vida is positioned one back and one out it seems to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.