AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Thanks for posting the diggers presentation, Stephan. Allkem was...

1. 4,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2747
    Thanks for posting the diggers presentation, Stephan. Allkem was the very last presentation at Diggers this year. They won the deal of the year award, I reckon it should have been for the Orocobre Galaxy merger but maybe it i was for the yet to be completed deal with Livent (if the go ahead at James Bay comes through before the vote then I reckon best not to count your chickens on that deal getting through in its current form).

Pretty good presentation by Liam Franklyn, head of Australian operations, I've not heard him present before. What really interested me though was the info he gave on Mt Cattlyn - see what I did there - which begins from about the 10:13 minute mark. I thought he was fairly frank about the issues they had in the first half of last fiscal year at Mt Cattlin. All good news to me that they are looking at replacing their power plant with renewables, are going ahead with building a workers camp - with 51% of their current workforce FIFO I'm not sure what the current accommodation arrangements are - of their consideration of going underground at Mt Cattlin, that LF was openly touting for toll treatment customers to make use of spare capacity at MtC. Really intriguing that they have bought some tenements right next to the Bald Hill project (that I reckon is up for sale) and will be drilling there this financial year and that LF said that the future of Mt Cattlin is assured and that the clear indications are that Newco wants to expand its business in Australia (Bald Hill would be a perfect fit imo).

The lads at Money of Mine podcast were speculating that Newco might see Mt Cattlin and Australia in general to be non-core. Personally I cant see a company that wants to be at the top of the tree would not want to have a presence in a jurisdiction like WA which still has most of the biggest spodumene projects in the world. They just need to acquire another one or two projects...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.