AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Stephan, the lads from the Money of Mines podcast had a boozy...

1. 4,324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2615
    Stephan, the lads from the Money of Mines podcast had a boozy conversation with the boss of Global Lithium at Diggers. GL1 owns the Manna lithium project in the same vicinity as Bald Hill. They were trying to goad him into indicating whether Global was looking to buy BH - from memory Global has some Chinese investors with deep pockets on their registry so a bid from them would be taken seriously - and they listed off the usual suspects as likely bidders for Bald Hill - from memory, MinRes, IGO, Develop, Twiggy a couple of others - and the Global Lithium dude said there were probably five or six others sniffing around as well. The thing is Bald Hill has a bigger resource than anything currently in Quebec and is already in production. Whoever buys it will be cash flow positive from day one. There is chatter around HC that it might take A$1.5b to A$2b to snare Bald Hill. Allkem could afford it but it would still be a major step for them. The only glimmer of inside advantage for Allkem was that Galaxy owned a bunch of debt on Bald Hill just before it failed so maybe the current owners might prefer the devil they know.

I do agree with you and Butch that it seems more than a coincidence that Allkem has all of a sudden moved into Bald Hill's neighbourhood, particularly as they have seemed content to sit on their hands in WA for so long. I admit I've predicted 20 of the last 5 major moves by Allkem but I do think they might have a crack at Bald Hill. (Actually interesting to me that Liam Franklyn even made an appearance at Diggers as I don't think they've ever felt the need to single out their operations in WA before - and yes, I agree that LF presented the Mt Cattlin story well. Why make the effort now when Allkem likely will be merged away in a few months?).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.