AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Allkem General Discussion, page-4576

1. 2,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 204
    Told you someone smart should do this and may have allready been answered.

As a holder of xxxxx Ake.ax shares, and behalf of many other shareholders on the Hotcopper forums. I am hoping you will shed some light on what happens to our shares after the Livent merge. I understand our shares will convert to CHESS Depositary Interests (CDI's) What does that mean.? NewCo.cdi? I dont know. Can I trade on ASX, is it transparent and do I need to fill in a US tax form.? Any help appreciated.

--------

Hi xxxxxxxx Thanks for the email and your questions. The CDI will trade the same as a normal share but yes there will likely be a tax residency form that shareholders will need to complete. We will provide more information on this with the Scheme booklet prior to the shareholder meeting. We also intend to provide some more information on CDIs as we appreciate there is a limited understanding of these considering they are rarely used. In general they operate the same as a normal share but it would be best to review the information provided by the ASX here https://www.asx.com.au/documents/settlement/CHESS_Depositary_Interests.pdf. Hope that helps Regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.