AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Allkem General Discussion, page-4819

1. 174 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    I would beg to differ on the 'long distance' and being 'useless' reference. I own an extended range Kona and have enjoyed several 3000km round trips, plus a few random out-of-the-way road trips over the last 12mths without one concern - certainly not useless.

All new ideas have a transition as they are taken up, and the naysayers will always come out. EVs are no exception so it's no surprise people want to find something about them to play down, especially when they appear expensive at first glance.

I've found the car started paying for itself immediately, can see it may not work (at this stage) in the outback areas, and the prices sound daunting at first but are put in perspective when some people are paying for an ICE vehicle close to or above the same price and won't get their money back when ICEs are a trade-in. My car has limitations in that it can't tow a caravan (not that I wanted it for that), but a trailer is possible, as are my bicycle and kayak needs. It suits my purposes perfectly. Plus it's a buzz to be part of the pioneering phase of something as new as transport electrification.

People are always afraid of something new, and more specifically, something they haven't investigated very closely, and so will lambaste it. And that's okay. People also change their minds.

It's usually those with the money who initially pave the way on any new technology.

I was lucky enough to buy GXY shares when they were GMM a full 10 years before they went ballistic 18 months ago.....and couldn't be happier with my purchase, out of such good fortune and opportunity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.