AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I am happy to be able to say that I started buying this stock in...

1. 177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    I am happy to be able to say that I started buying this stock in 2010 and stuck with it. I started doing actual Li-ion battery chemistry research in 1995.

It was so obvious even back then that BEVs had the potential to be far superior to ICE cars with their myriad of moving parts, need for oil and filter changes, and emissions. Basically a pain in the arse.

BEVs were the dominant tech around 1900 and were displaced by ICE cars because battery development stalled and petrol became too cheap to measure. How poetic that a reversal is taking place.

Petrol was cheap and emissions were free back then. That could not continue. The oil shocks of the 70s were just a prelude to the eventual end of easy oil and the Bell Hubbert curve turned upward again due to the shale revolution which also will also have to come to an end, and soon.

So that leaves us today with BEV and FCEVs as being consistent with environmental needs. FCEVs are still in the promising stage for now but it seems BEVs are on a rampage.

The start of exponential growth was clearly apparent more than a decade ago when GXY was a struggling entity.

Then the short sighted geniuses at Morgan-Stanley called an oversupply and lithium stocks took a hit. This was always going to be temporary.

So for the near term Li-ion and LFP batteries are king for both mobile and stationary applications. Will they endure? I am not so sure. Suffice it to say that I don't see a disruptive tech on the horizon just yet. Not one that can match the performance at least.

Lithium based batteries are recyclable and when you burn petrol you can't get the fuel was back. This is an important distinction.

So GXY turned briefly into ORE and now AKE which has production and diverse resources which is great. We are in the top five producers in fact. The EV growth curve is getting steeper and there is no turning back.

Because there are money people out there who can't see past their noses or who just want to make a quick buck, there will be some financial instability and even shocks. However, I would like to think that the industry of which we are a part is not only shock proof, it is the future.

Or put another way. Without this industry and others like it in the energy transformation space, there may not be a future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.