AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Yes, human beings are extremely vulnerable to advertising. So...

1. 712 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Yes, human beings are extremely vulnerable to advertising. So much money would not be spent on it...and the 'experts' if it didn't work. Hotcopper which to me should be full people looking for another source of information that isn't fed to them by 'experts', often has the highest likes for people re-posting stuff that they've found online from 'experts'. People love it so much they can't wait to share it with other people and all the likes reinforces everyone's view that the experts MUST be right...once again. Even though the opposite is more often than not the observable outcome.

We are suckers for 'authority'. In terms of advertising, I love the example of Coca Cola, their whole business is brand recognition created through advertising. They sell 'feel good' but the thing being paid for is actually just diabetes inducing bubbly sugar water.

Another one I find fascinating is Edward Bernays' 'Torches of Freedom'. I am a student of psychology and was fascinated that one of the first things that was done with Freud's work was the use of it by his nephew (Bernays) to sell cigarettes to women.
    Last edited by bfor3108: 10/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.