AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Allkem General Discussion, page-4710

1. 4,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 940
    I am not an expert on the Argentinian political system. But he probably needs support from congress for many legal matters. (He has to execute laws passed by congress without altering their intent. But he is allowed to issue decrees under certain circumstances and only in special poltical areas.)

So he will probably have to seek compromises, which he is already doing by reaching out to the political side of Bullrich the "moderate candidate". We have a saying: "everything is eaten colder than it is cooked." Applied to this situation it means that he is not phasing out the Argentinia peso overnight or immediately closing entire ministries, not using the "chainsaw".

My expectation is that Massa would continue to steer the ship with minimal corrections, not trying to anger too many of the people who voted for him, resulting in more public debt, more inflation leading to calls for higher taxes. There are wealthier countries than Argentina that only afford themselves a smaller public sector and less public spending relative to their GDP. I think it is unfair to call for "special contributions" from foregin companies while the country is run this inefficiently. Not even Massa can say that the country is run right while keeping a straight face.
    Last edited by Stephan90: 26/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.