AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Allkem General Discussion, page-4311

1. 4,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 941
    Maybe the candidate who won the primaries in Argentina could be good for us investors, although in the short term the markets don't like uncertainty. He wants to take radical steps like adopting the US dollar (already practiced by Panama and Ecuador) and abolishing the central bank I am certainly not an expert on Argentinian politics and I can only make judgements based on what I read online. But to me it seems that a lot of Argentina's problems have to do with a bloated public sector and central bank money printing to finance excessive public spending.

"Mr Milei has also touted ditching the peso for the US dollar. That would make farmer soy sales – which in Argentina have morphed largely into an unpredictable currency trade – trend more like other countries."

This is in regards to lithium:

"Mr Milei has been less clear on lithium, although last year he expressed dismay on social networks at talk of nationalising the metal, needed for the global energy transition, or meddling in supplies and prices through a pact with South American neighbours.His devotion to free markets would no doubt mean less direct state support for a local battery industry – relying instead on tax cuts and more lax labour laws to promote value-added manufacturing in Argentina."

Lithium: Argentina’s commodities sector faces political upheaval (copyright link)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.