I have travelled to 4 major cities in China recently. Shenzhen,...

1. 1,404 Posts.
    I have travelled to 4 major cities in China recently. Shenzhen, Harbin, Dalian, Hong Kong by plane, train, fast train and bus. Hired a mini bus in Shenzhen with a driver and same in Harbin. Travelled hundreds of kilometres in course of my business. Good hotels ( Five Star at AUD 150.00 per night for double).are full, good restaurants you need to book well in advance. Lots of empty building, empty villas, shops and restaurants. No homeless people anywhere, no beggars, people look well fed and dressed specially children. Lots of branded cars on the street. Traffic is bad on 6 line highways.. Electric delivery bikes are everywhere. Prime real estate is selling well at very little discount if any. People I have talked to are optimistic. I have ordered pair of slipper size 12 on Sunday night at 9 pm they were delivered to the door of a private house in twenty minutes (20 minutes). You can have good breakfast for AUD 3.00 good dinner for AUD 20.00 in a restaurant with table cloth. The new food sensation for me happened in Dalian. dumplings with sea urchin. Something that one must try if you found yourself in Dalian. Worse of all was Hong Kong. More vacant shops than anywhere else. Shenzhen is most bussie. Honk Kong resident like to shop for every thing in Shenzhen due to cheaper price. Border crossing from HK to Shenzhen and back are nightmare on weekend. and during the week is not much better. I have faith in China. it will not only survive but it will prosper.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.