"from memory the article I linked stated autism makes up 40%-50%...

1. 48,026 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 650

"from memory the article I linked stated autism makes up 40%-50% of children receiving NDIS support." ......
    if that was what you recall from your source, I suggest you check squidd.... thats a hellova lot. frankly I'd be amazed if it wasn't 4-5% and even thats likely an exaggeration.

" It also begs the question whether other mild disabilities are being treated the same way"
    . .. now wee come to the crux of the problem here I think. correct me if you think I'm amiss, but I get the impression you think all autistic syndromes are the same. that some could be working along side you and you wouldn't know is a possibility, but obviously these people are fully functional. and functionality is one of the key criteria.

if you think autism is mild I suggest you ask a friend who has an autistic child. or teen who has started puberty. I've seen families breakdown when the autistic child turns violent due to frustration intolerance. when it becomes too violent finally the old state system would act and the child handed over; relinquished. and the family fragments.

not all people are the same my friend, and autism can be very hard to understand.

"Allowing mildly affected kids into the system". .... I'm sure in your field you're good at your job, you're obviously thoughtful and aware of others. preventive maintenance on ones car is essential in ensuring the car runs smoothly for runs for a longer time than if such maintenance was neglected. its even more important with humans at an early age when important indicators are picked up by parents of clinicians.

do you really think its all just waste money? man learn about what the NDIS does and who for.

NDIS link

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.