alp damage to interest rates / aussies, page-7

1. 27,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    CW,re the debt,has not the last budget addressed this question,caveat= terms of trade.

Interestingly you fail to mention,

" I am talking about endeavouring to pick industry winners and subsidies for loss-making enterprises."

There should be no government subsidies IMHO.

In relation to productivety,I subcontract to an organisation,that forced out a single person,that now requires three to do the job that one did,without all the new paraphernalia deemed absolutely neccasary for them to be productive.
    A lot of the lack of productivety is business preventable,wages are not the bogey.

I refer you to the ports in WA,can I suggest to you,the $ one Billion spent on royaltys for regions,for WA liberals to be in power could have gone to more productivety on WA ports.

Bottlenecks to stay as ports struggle for funds

VITAL state-owned ports have been so badly managed for such a long time - with mates' rates, cut-price leases and undervalued assets - that they may be unable to secure the finance needed to avoid future export bottlenecks.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/foi/bottlenecks-to-stay-as-ports-struggle-for-funds/story-fn8r0e18-1226416216537

Why hasnt col,the bastion of private enterprise even mentioned privatising all the ports.
    Again wages dont have to fall to increase productiety,better equipment,better layout can ease the rediculous turn around times.
    This isnt the federal governments job,this is state stuff.

Just as government uses taxes as a very blunt intrument,so do business people use wages,as their blunt intrument of power.
    Not surprisingly we all know this, but fail to grasp the real problems.

The aluminim industry is a case in point.

No other industry anywhere in the world is predicated on subsidised power,other than aluminium.
    No other industry in the world is predicated on a handout,save the car manufacturing industry.
    Both are an abomination to the natural flow of money throughout the economy.
    Question to you and the lib economic pygmies,will they stop subsidising the car manufacturing industry,or is sloppy whistling in the wind?

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.