Hi scitty Why do you think there wasn't this level of outpouring...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi scitty

Why do you think there wasn't this level of outpouring of grief and concern for poor pensioners when Joe Hockey introduced changes in the 2015 budget that saw 300,000 people kicked off the pension?

I can answer that for you. A pension which is taxable income is paid from government revenue is welfare. Therefore the more people you get off welfare, the more the government can spend revenue on other measures.
    The returning of franking credits is not taxable income, however it is paid from government revenue but it is not welfare. Therefore if you cut it out, it will have no effect on the budget. People will just twig their investments a little bit.

You have hit the nail right on the head scitty. This is exactly the same argument as the mining tax that Julia wanted to introduce. " Look you will not collect any tax!" Yet we had the billionaires club organising protest after protest against something that would not be paid. Go figure! And remember the "special reports" put out by one of the big 4 chartered accounting firms, how if this and that happened a company could pay 75% tax?
    But because it was a Liberal Government who imposed a special tax on banks, the protest silence was deafening.

And now we have the same arguments. You will not save any tax. It will have no effect on me etc etc. i will simply re-arrange my affairs. Yet we have all these protests.

Pear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.