Interesting that this was set in motion by your lot , then put...

1. 6,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284

Interesting that this was set in motion by your lot , then put on hold for covid.
    Has similarities with Robodebt , but lots of differences. Not illegal for a start.
    Biggest difference will be that rather than cheat and duck and dive , this government will fix the problem with fairness and compassion[ words you might have to look up, certainly Morrison would have had to , he is a Pentecostal after all ] .
    Watch for the changes in the budget.

My hope would be that they keep it simple , if you haven't been notified of a debt , interest and penalties within 7 years of the ATO knowing about it , it falls off the edge.
    In addition , waiving any debt or penalties or interest within that 7 years should be at the discretion of the Commissioner [or his delegate] , not hide bound by regulation. Fairness and compassion to rule.
    We pick them because they are smart , they can handle the responsibility.

A funny story about this.
    A friend of mine got a notice requesting , I think, about 4 or 5 bucks , tried to pay it , but found that the portal wouldn't accept such a small sum.
    Being an evil old soul , he then wrote them a letter outlining the problems he was having with the system , which they , of course , had to reply to.
    He then sent another letter , and is now taking bets on how long he can keep this going and how many letters he can elicit from them , before they take it out of his franking credits .
    Note, he and I already composing the outraged letter about his franking credits in anticipation.

Baby boomers are easily amused.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.