URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

Apologies if already posted. After listening to Carpenter on the...

1. 13,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Apologies if already posted. After listening to Carpenter on the ABC radio in my travels this week and then Greg Hall of Toro, it is clear Carpenter is misinformed and is completely out of touch on this issue.

And today he actually still believes Inpex will be a WA project. He has no idea at all, Darwin will be the location and Labor has blown it. Carpenter will destroy WA as a resources leader if this continues IMO.

And I see an indigineous group has now condemned Labor over his subjective uranium stance.

Uranium is the clean energy of the future and blind freddy can see it, why can't he?

WA uranium ban legislation under attack from industry
    By Babs McHugh from Perth , WA
    Wednesday, 27/08/2008

A campaign pledge to stop uranium mining in Western Australia has drawn heavy fire from the industry.

Premier Alan Carpenter will legislate an existing ban in return for preferences from the Greens party.

Toro Energy, which has uranium exploration and mining leases in WA, says the premier's playing politics at the expense of the environment.

Toro CEO Greg Hall says Australia's uranium is needed for low emissions energy for developing countries,.

He disagrees with Mr Carpenters claim that most of the world is moving away from nuclear power

"Nothing could be further from the truth" says Greg Hall.

"There's currently 440 operating reactors, 34 under construction, another 81 being planned for construction, and another 200 plus being planned and scoped around the world.

"There's almost a doubling of nuclear power happening around the world, so to make a statement that much of the world is moving away [from it] is almost seems like it's come purely from an anti nuclear lobby."

source: http://www.abc.net.au/rural/resource/stories/s2347855.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.