LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

alright,what now?, page-85

1. 3,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Jan, you nailed it.

From nick t

Please post the stuff on hotcopper, I've looked through the thread and don't want to interfere (especially with some tonnes/dilutions/etc).  Except one thing - it has been erroneously reported in Malaysia (and picked up by some people, in the same thread as well) - that international limit is 5 Bq/g but Malaysian one is 1 Bq/g.  This is completely incorrect, international and national standards pretty much around the world all have 1 Bq/g - with some countries in Europe and Africa adopting 0.5 Bq/g, and some States in the US - 0.2 Bq/g.  Some other countries, in my recollection, have higher limits for specific residues (such as wet sludge from oil and gas production, for example) that may be 10 Bq/g...
    Nevertheless the "law of the land" is 1 Bq/g - not 10, 5, 0.5 or 0.2.
    ---
    My guess is that the answer is simple - other chemicals and reagents (as someone just posted too).
    Have a look on the same RIA.  Sorry, I haven't got the time to go through all the stuff and numbers in detail (in addition to the fact that I find the 'Lynas issue' exceedingly boring for quite a while), but came to the following:
    All "dry weight':
    Inputs: 65,000 tpa of concentrate + whatever amounts of reagents.
    Outputs: REO ~ 22,000 tpa, FGD - 27,900 tpa, NUF - 85,300 tpa, WLP - 32,000 tpa; 167,200 tpa all together.
    So, the rough relationship between residue and concentrate is 2.6 to 1.  Not exactly 6 Bq/g to 1.8 Bq/g, but kind of again the same lines...
    Kind regards
    Nick

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.