SGQ 3.13% 3.3¢ st george mining limited

Hi Guys Good results today. All going well imo. Check this...

1. 1,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3203
    Hi Guys

Good results today. All going well imo.

Check this example out on how much drilling it takes to define a resource. Look at what our close neighbours have done in drilling in the last 12 months at Tropicana.

106.75 kilometre's of drilling to update their resource. That's over 2 kilometre's of drilling every week.

For a small mining company, St George is putting the runs on the board. Were being noticed for what were doing and what were achieving.

Cheers
    Tradealot

26 Jul 2016

Tropicana, Australia: 11.7m at 8.9g/t Au from 352.3m depth (HSD052)
    The Tropicana resource is getting bigger. That is what the latest drill results at AngloGold Ashanti and Independence Group’s jointly-owned project (70:30) is telling us.

The future of the Tropicana gold mine may lie underground

The mine, which commenced production in 2013 and is churning out around 500,000 ounces of gold a year, is currently an openpit operation in Western Australia, yet the discovery of a high-grade ore shoot below surface shows its future may lie underground.

Standing out from the rest was an 11.7m intercept grading 8.9g/t Au from 352.3m depth, which was complemented by the likes of 15m averaging 8.77g/t Au from 510m depth and 8m at 10.8g/t Au from 434m depth.

All of this drilling – some 106,750m since June 2015 – is going towards a resource update at Tropicana and will form the framework for the Long Island scoping study, which is aimed at extending the life of the operation.

This resource update and the study will both be out before the end of the year, but already it is obvious Tropicana has much more life to it than the initial seven years it has on paper.

http://www.mining-journal.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.