An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Eating an organic a day,...

1. 10,759 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
    Eating an organic a day, including the seeds, keeps cancer away;

MDs are pharmaceutically trained to treat sickness with drugs that mask symptoms and maintain customers and profits for the pharma-medico industry. They are not health professionals. They are sickness professionals.

Asking your GP for health advice is like asking your priest for sex advice. Both have no training and no experience. Yet the “sickness industry” is quick to attack any potential threat to their lucrative business model..

The AMA want 'The Magic Pill' removed from Netflix!

Imagine removing a film that promotes eating fresh, healthy food. What has our country come to? What will the AMA (with their new president) do next, it's frightening.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Looks like we have a new AMA (Australian Medical Association) president and he wants NETFLIX to remove my film “The Magic Pill”.

Below is my response to the journalist about my thoughts that the AMA want to remove my film....which by the way they cannot!

Does the head of the AMA believe that eating vegetables and fruit with a side of well sourced meat/seafood/eggs to be a dangerous way of life? If so can they please share the evidence that this way of eating is detrimental to the health of human beings.

Perhaps the bigger question to ask would be, “is the head of the AMA fearful of people in Australia becoming healthy? What would this mean to their industry?”

Modern medicine is fabulous and vitally needed as we do say in the film, however, when 70-80% of illness is diet/lifestyle related, then shouldn’t prevention be a considered approach? The information that is shared in the film by leading cardiologists, neurologists, doctors and scientists has prevention at the top of their priorities and to be used as an adjunct to modern medicine which ultimately is a holistic approach.

Can you also ask why doctors are not allowed to give dietary advice (please see the recent silencing of dr gary Fettke in Tasmania) yet the head of the AMA who is a doctor, somehow is allowed to speak on this topic with authority, when his counterparts cannot? As for their referrals to dietitians can you also ask why the DAA have multinational food companies as partners....surely this is a conflict of interest.

So going back to the initial question, why does the head of the AMA believe that choosing to eat a non-inflammatory diet that is promoted by doctors in our film considered dangerous to the humans that choose wisely what they put into their bodies? Time and time again these simple changes have a long lasting sustainable positive impact on people’s lives. Or is the bigger picture for the AMA, that this simple approach may actually hurt the industries that rely on a large % of the population being sick?

I am happy to give you the email addresses to the doctors interviewed for any questions you may have but I know that not once has a journalist followed up on these offers.

Here is the article below from today’s SMH and THE AGE;

Netflix is being urged to pull a documentary narrated and produced by celebrity chef Pete Evans.

The streaming giant quietly released a show about the controversial ketogenic diet earlier this month. The documentary – which is narrated and produced by Australia's best-known paleo – features several people who claim a diet high in protein and fat but low in carbohydrates can help alleviate everything from asthma to autism.

"Something had struck me as odd," Evans says at the start of the documentary. "When you look at every other species on our planet, they all control their weight automatically. The only exception was us and any animal unfortunate enough to be fed by us. I just couldn't understand why we were the exception... so I applied the only relevant skill I had, which was looking at evidence."

The celebrity chef goes on to claim there is "very little evidence" to support the standard eating advice people are normally given and a "whole stream of evidence" that is largely ignored.

"What we've been told about nutrition is dangerously wrong," he says.

Netflix did not promote the show's release on its Australian Twitter or Facebook pages, unlike Hannah Gadsby's comedy special or the upcoming program Disenchantment (co-written by Indigenous rapper Briggs).

The Magic Pill came under fire soon after it was commissioned, with high-profile members of the medical industry calling for it to be scrapped. Australia's peak body for registered medical practitioners has now doubled down on its criticisms.

Newly appointed AMA president Dr Tony Bartone told Fairfax Media he was worried vulnerable members of society – for example, people living with cancer – would believe some of the claims contained in the documentary over the advice of health professionals.

"All forms of media have to take a responsible attitude when trying to spread a message of wellness," he said. "Netflix should do the responsible thing. They shouldn't screen it. The risk of misinformation ... is too great.

"It's a [part] Australian production and I don't want to rain on an Australian parade, but clearly there needs to be a recognition of the power and influence Netflix brings. People out there are vulnerable to the messaging."

Dr Bartone said there decades of evidence-based research to back up current healthy eating guidelines. He said while eliminating one or more food groups can, for example, result in weight loss it can "make certain other conditions worse".

"I respect Pete Evans' ability and expertise in the kitchen, but that's where it begins and ends," he said. "I would never dream of telling him how to prepare a meal. However, when it comes to the trusted health of our patients, everyone should turn to a health professional. That is, in the first instance, your GP."

The documentary is preceded by a note that says exercise, sleep and other lifestyle choices also play an important role in improving a person's overall health and wellbeing. It also tells people to always consult with their doctor or health professional before starting a new diet.

disallowed/…/netflix-urged-to-pull-pete-evans-d…

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.