APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Alternative Metrics, page-1369

1. 599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    Don't take the negative comments to heart. Something you learn after a few posts on any thread is that there are two different standards. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it helps to know.

If your post is positive about the stock, it doesn't have to be very high quality - anything from about a 5/10 in terms of originality or analysis will get you a half dozen likes or so. Of course, in the more low quality threads comments like "woo next stop $50" or "10 billion market cap before EOFY as shorters are squeezed" will get 20-30 likes and even a few "great analysis" thumbs up.

If your post is negative about a stock though, you'd better believe it should be a 9 or 10 out of 10 in terms of quality. People who comment / follow threads are generally overinvested in one or two ways, either emotionally, financially, or in some cases both. They can't help but support "their" stock like they would a football team, and will fight anyone who dares insult it. So floating your thoughts about "this doesn't seem like a very good announcement" will get you smashed, unless you can point out why that might be the case. I've had good results from asking genuine questions where I doubts - those who are well-informed about the stock generally respond thoughtfully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.