APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

@polarbear666 & for anyone else looking at Similarweb data.I was...

1. 427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    @polarbear666 & for anyone else looking at Similarweb data.

I was asked the other day on Twitter how Klarna can be tracked using Similarweb. I have found a few avenues, however it's not as easy as Afterpay.

I currently look at the following sites:

• klarna.com
    • app.klarna.com
    • klarnapayments.com
    • cards-eu.klarna.com

However the Klarna app works in a different way to Afterpay's process. Using the app is like using a browser (chrome, safari etc) hence there is no referral traffic from within the app. Also when going to pay you are not redirected to login to you Klarna account (you already are when using the app) so there is no destination traffic flowing to Klarna.

Makes it a lot harder to track traffic, there would still be some when a user is not using the app and selects Klarna at the checkout, however that option isn't pushed by Klarna.

For the sites that I track where both Klarna and Afterpay/Clearpay are both offered I've only ever seen Klarna on the site uk.gymshark.com

Because of this I've begun paying more attention to app data, mostly app ranks and download estimates to track Klarna.

If anyone has any further insights would love to learn more, I'm no expert and have cobbled together my understanding from grunt work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.